NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Logistics Coordinator.
Under the general supervision of the Operations manager and the Equipment Planning Manager, this position investigates and procures medical products, equipment and parts for the in-house CE department and construction projects, as well as be involved in the coordination of medical equipment requirements for hospital projects. This position coordinates medical equipment specification information from vendors with other team members for the completion of construction documents, and is responsible for preparing initial reports, schedules and documents; this would include soliciting quotes and coordinating purchasing information with the hospital's purchasing department for the final procurement of daily departmental purchases as well as project's specific medical equipment. This position is responsible for logging, checking and processing invoices, and is involved in the coordination of equipment information between all CE managers, staff, project managers, warehouse and delivery functions.
- Review projects' equipment requirements to determine compliance with Clinical Engineering and/or hospital standards.
- Consult and verify equipment requirements with Medical Equipment Planners and client.
- Contact vendors to obtain accurate pricing, formal quotes and product information for manager's approval.
- Advises planners as to cost, value, and availability of items.
- Prepare supply, capital, and projects Capital Requisitions and supporting paperwork according to par levels and project timeline for the required approvals.
- Work with the purchasing department to issue purchase orders in company's procurement system and place approved orders with vendors using established procedures.
- Review vendor backorder reports and initiate necessary notifications to team.
- Maintains lead time log on internet database.
- Prepare project equipment variance reports for the Planners' review.
- Assist with the preparation of equipment deliveries schedules from warehouse to project jobsites, based on move-in timelines.
- Manage the logging, verification and close-out of all project related invoices.
- Makes changes to equipment listings, developed from meetings with medical personnel into a project's database.
- Communicate related information between project and procurement teams.
- Revise project equipment lists according to clients' established standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate equipment requirements with purchasing documentation and vendor coordination.
- Track purchased equipment with the project schedule to insure timely delivery and installation of items.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a minimum 2 years project management or procurement experience in a healthcare or related environment.
- Must have knowledge of commonly used purchasing/supply chain concepts, practice and procedures.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects, communicate clearly, demonstrate initiative, meet deadlines, and work well in an integrated team environment .
- PC literacy is required with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.