NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medical Equipment Planner.
This position supports the Medical Technology Planning and Implementation Manager by providing expertise in planning and identifying medical equipment for project(s) involving multi-disciplinary and diverse healthcare facilities. This position also evaluates, locates and recommends equipment to be purchased for new medical facilities, major renovations and expansions of existing medical facilities; facilitates meetings with medical personnel to establish appropriate placement and use of medical equipment and assists the customer with the selection of medical equipment and related systems.
- Researches emerging technology trends and develops relationships with vendors to remain current with latest technologies
- Evaluates, locates and recommends equipment to be purchased for new medical facilities, major renovations and expansion of existing medical facilities.
- Evaluates existing medical equipment and related systems with respect to age, condition and technological status to determine the potential for reuse
- Conducts user group meetings to determine and verify medical equipment needs.
- Develops and coordinates all related deliverables to include but not limited to medical equipment reports and drawings, specification documents, vendor site specific drawings and project schedules
- Works with architectural consultants and contractors to review drawings identify and note design/equipment conflicts and work to reconcile drawings to functionality, and provide equipment specifications.
- Identify equipment needs, functions and schedule for procurement and installation.
- Observes construction progress and prepares field observation reports and participates in inspections, punch lists and project closeouts. Conducts post-occupancy evaluation and reviews use of space and equipment.
- Effectively communicate equipment planning information to the project team to allow for successful project completion Manage and participate on multiple healthcare projects simultaneously
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, or nursing or healthcare related.
- 1-2 years of medical equipment planning experience, or clinical environment.
- Experience with medical equipment plan drawings and working with architects, consultants and contractors to coordinate equipment mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project and Visio.
- Exceptional written, verbal and graphic communication skills required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.