NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate The Manager-Enterprise Documents will support an enterprise-wide electronic contract and corporate document management system for NYU Langone Medical Center using the Determine, formerly Selectica, system.
- Organize, update and maintain enterprise-wide contracts and documents for NYU Hospitals Center, NYU School of Medicine, affiliates and other corporate documents related to entities in which NYU Hospitals Center is an interested party.
- Serve as the department super-user and facilitate end-user training as needed, update training materials, and assist end users on non-technical inquiries to include locating, retrieving and delivering contracts and documents.
- Perform quality assurance reviews across 11 business areas which are comprised of approximately 17,000 existing records and an annual estimated volume of 2,500 contracts and documents, excluding migration projects.
- Generate customized reports for system audits, department requests and periodic dashboard to General Counsel.
- Coordinate document migration projects from department and enterprise-wide databases such as shared drives, On-Base and SharePoint into Determine; impending projects include faculty employment agreements, conflicts of interest management plans and gift agreements - totaling more than 7,500 documents.
- With the assistance of Associate General Counsel, identify business areas with contracts and documents not yet uploaded into the system.
- Proactively collaborate with department representatives and establish working relationships with them to acquire contracts and documents for upload in a timely manner and document the workflow of such arrangement for periodic follow up.
- Index files, extract data elements and assign keywords to contracts and documents for upload, as well as consumption into enterprise-wide data warehouse and department data mart initiatives; impending project includes School of Medicine Data Mart in capturing data elements for approximately 1,500 agreements.
- Maintain and update legal approved template and clause libraries and directories in Determine.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the medical centers corporate entity structure and relationship with its affiliates to appropriately index corporate governance documents.
- Serve as liaison between Legal and the IT Project Manager to implement business requirements, such as build modification and enhancements to workflow and fields.
- Identify business areas that will benefit from integration with department and enterprise-wide IT systems to increase efficiency.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree; Five years experience as a paralegal or experience reading and analyzing contracts; Significant experience working with IT and enterprise-wide applications; Significant experience working with a contracts and/or documents management system; Excellent judgment, analytical and communication skills; Ability and/or experience in working with diverse clients. Proactive and self-starter.
Experience as a professional in a healthcare environment; Experience or certification in contracts administration.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.