NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacy Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting in daily supervision of support staff for complex office operations. Delegates The Pharmacy Manager for Outpatient Infusion Services is responsible for the oversight and coordination of activities and services at all NYU Langone Cancer Center Clinics. Responsibilities include scheduling; staffing; training; recruitment; retention, discipline and staff satisfaction; safe and cost-effective use of medications.
- Supervises, directs, and coordinates the activities of the Pharmacy Staff to provide optimal pharmaceutical support to patients in a safe, cost effective, appropriate and efficacious fashion.
- Improves and supports patient safety initiatives by suggesting, recommending and enforcing safe medication practices.
- In collaboration with management team, establishes and ensures consistent implementation of department policies and standards.
- Evaluates performance, conducts annual performance and competency assessments, determines disciplinary actions and performs other human resource related actions as needed.
- Monitors staff compliance to criteria established for various drugs.
- Oversees the maintenance, implementation and upgrade of automated dispensing machines and other automated / computerized applications as they are obtained
- Serves as a resource to pharmacists, medical and nursing staff.
- Participates in providing experiential training for Pharmacy Residents and Pharmacy Students.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and/or develops policies, procedures and delineates necessary measures to achieve same.
- Maintains awareness of contemporary trends in the profession through the professional literature and regular attendance at professional organization meetings and/or seminars
- Participates collegially in the development of new programs, services, practices of the department.
- Participates and assists in the management and administration of all areas of the department as needed including development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures and by periodically taking call.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- NYS Pharmacist License and Registration
- Bachelors Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Two years Pharmacist experience and demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to function in a Hospital Pharmacy Management role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Excellent interpersonal skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy or Advanced Degree Preferred
- Residency in Hospital Pharmacy Practice Preferred
- Five years experience in Hospital Pharmacy Management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Extensive knowledge of database management and clinical /pharmacy systems
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.