| POSITION DETAILSCUNY School of Law, a part of the City University of New York, a nationally acclaimed three-year law school, located in one of New York City's most diverse boroughs, invites applications for the position of Confidential Executive Assistant.Reporting to the Dean of the Law School, the Executive Assistant supports and coordinates projects, initiatives and activities of the Dean and the Director for Strategic Initiatives and External Relations. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, his/her responsibilities will include but are not limited to:|
* Oversee departmental operations and assist Dean and senior executives in preparing complex reports; planning office activities; creating calendars and schedules; assisting office staff as needed.
* Serve as the initial point-of-contact for all internal and external visitors. Respond to requests on behalf of the Dean for general information and assistance regarding programs and services offered across the Law School, referring matters to other areas of the college as necessary; track referred items to completion
* Interface with faculty, senior staff, alumni and external executives, community leaders, government, vendors etc.
* Coordinate complex administrative assignments of a broad and varied nature to relieve the Dean and Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives and External Relations of routine clerical and administrative tasks.
* Review the office's standard operating procedures and make recommendations to the Dean for improvements.
* Schedule, coordinate and maintain clear, accurate calendar for the Dean and Executive Director.
* Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, and travel arrangements.
* Perform complex duties requiring high level of interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as considerable degree of tact, diplomacy, decision-making, and confidentiality.
* Conduct research in response to the initiatives of the Dean and the Law School and prepare relevant documents and materials. and produce written summaries of results.
* Independently design and compose correspondence, spreadsheets, graphics, reports, presentations, meeting agenda, memorandum, external mailing, etc
* Process, track and maintain records for all fiscal transactions and budgeting.
* Utilize procurement credit card to make routine purchases on behalf of the Law School and Dean's Office.Non-standard work hours may be required.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and four years' related experience required
* Four years of experience with executive administrative support strongly preferred.
* The selected candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication (oral, written and electronic) and interpersonal skills along with an ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-oriented office that requires accuracy, customer service and a high degree of professionalism at all times.
* Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet skills are essential.
* PeopleSoft, LexisNexis, Westlaw preferred.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWSupports a Campus or University Executive as a confidential assistant, organizing and supervising unit activities.
* Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events; maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule
* Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity; responds to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community
* Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy
* Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities
* Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization
* May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing
* Participates in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness
* Performs related duties as assigned.This position is excluded from union representation.CUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.CLOSING DATEResumes will be accepted through March 4, 2017, with review of resumes to begin February 16, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* CUNY School of Law*Job Title:
* Confidential Executive Assistant*Job ID: