| Unit Description|
LPN position for day shift 6am to 230pm, FT 40 hrs/wk, 8 hour shifts.
Great nurse to resident ratios!
Extra pay available for shift differentials!
Casual business attire, no scrubs!
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance.
Paid Time off - vacation, holidays, sick and personal time
401 retirement plan
We offer the finest in quality care. In our homes, we encourage and embrace important qualities such as trust, compassion and independence by providing the highest quality, resident-centered care for our residents and neighborhoods.
Care Site Description
Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
- Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
- Secured Memory Unit for Women
- Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
- Eden Alternative Registered Home
- Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, JCAHO, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The LPN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist in the implementation of the patientâ??s treatment plan.
- Provide routine nursing services for patients as directed by the Registered Nurse/Nursing Supervisor.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide regular patient status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of an approved course of Practical or Vocational Nursing study, required
- Valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred