| Unit Description|
LPN position on Evening shift, 8 hr shifts, 230pm to 1030pm, 40 hrs/week and every other weekend.
Great nurse to resident ratios!
Benefit eligible position for insurance, paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays),
and eligible to participate in the 401 retirement program.
Extra pay for shift differentials for evenings, nights, and weekends.
Colorado Lutheran Home and Apartments is a non-profit residence and department of Lutheran Medical Center.
We offer the finest in quality care. In our homes, we encourage and embrace important qualities such as trust, compassion and independence by providing the highest quality, resident-centered care for our residents and neighborhoods.
At Colorado Lutheran Home, as a member of our care partner team, you are joining a group of dedicated people who:
â?¢Are committed to creating an environment that promotes the well-being of all, fights to eliminate loneliness, helplessness and boredom, and where decisions are made by those who live here or those closest to them.
â?¢Believe in the value of person-directed care. This is why we have chosen to weave the Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles deeply within our organization.
â?¢Are a community where becoming well-known and developing close and caring relationships matter.
â?¢An interdisciplinary effort to achieve a successful integration of quality of life and quality of care processes.
â?¢The Eden Alternative Philosophy and Principles are embraced to ensure that each personâ??s life can fully be enhanced.
â?¢Aligns actions and decisions with our mission and vision.
â?¢Keeps the Eldersâ?? preferences and needs at the center of all your decisions, conversations, and actions.
â?¢Works with the team to identify Elders strengths, preferences, life goals, and simple pleasures, and then bring them to life for each elder.
â?¢Being an effective advocate for the Elder and helping them achieve the highest practicable physical, mental and spiritual well-being possible.
â?¢Assists with daily life within the neighborhood in a variety of ways such as helping with fun events, serving meals, spontaneous activities, assisting Elders, leading Learning Circles, and fulfilling daily pleasures.
â?¢Educating, advocating and supporting our culture change efforts which include plants and animals.
â?¢Creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, relaxed, and relationship-driven, where everyone feels at home.
â?¢Participate in educational offerings that strengthen your personal and professional skills as required.
Care Site Description
Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
- Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
- Secured Memory Unit for Women
- Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
- Eden Alternative Registered Home
- Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, JCAHO, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The LPN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assist in the implementation of the patientâ??s treatment plan.
- Provide routine nursing services for patients as directed by the Registered Nurse/Nursing Supervisor.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide regular patient status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of an approved course of Practical or Vocational Nursing study, required
- Valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred