| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Services & Expertise:
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Womenâ??s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Provides professional nursing care to patients.
- Accurately access patient medical records
- Collaborate with Trauma team members including MDâ??s, nurses, technicians, EMS and coders in order to optimize care for trauma patients, which includes but is not limited to tracking, trending and reporting data.
- Input physicianâ??s orders appropriately to patientâ??s records
- Review documentation for ongoing patient care
- Communicate patient record with ancillary hospital services
- Maintains patient confidentiality as outlined by privacy and HIPAA guidelines
- Demonstrates competency the calculation and adjustment of IV infusion flow rate, including monitoring and discontinuing infusion
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Alaris IV Pumps
- Observe and report subjective and objective signs of adverse reactions to any IV administration and initiate appropriate nursing interventions
- Demonstrates competency in draw blood from a central line
- Demonstrates competency in the monitoring of access site and perform site care and maintenance
- Demonstrates competency in the monitoring of infusion equipment change administration set, including add-on device and tubing;
- Demonstrates competency in the performing of intermittent flushes for line patency.
- Demonstrates competency in the conversion of a continuous infusion to an intermittent infusion.
- Demonstrates competency of insertion or remove a peripheral venous, removal of central or midline catheters and accessing and de-accessing of a porta-cath.
- Demonstrates competency in the initiation and administer IV medications and fluids.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration, titration & discontinuation of medications for adult clients via push, bolus or drip.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration, monitoring and discontinuation of parenteral nutrition, fat emulsion solutions.
- Demonstrates competency in administration and discontinuation of blood, blood components, or plasma volume expanders
- Demonstrates the proficiency in the administration of IV medications per a PCA pump
- Demonstrates ability to triage, assess, reassess nursing care needs by age group.
- Develops age appropriate plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Establishes priorities in planning and organizing patient care based on nursing assessment and patient/family needs in collaboration with health care team.
- Implements nursing care interventions based on patient and family needs and circumstantial or procedural complexities.
- Directs and implements patient and family teaching.
- Demonstrates competent nursing clinical skills and knowledge when performing, teaching, and supervising nursing procedures.
- Demonstrates proficient technical skills and operational knowledge of equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in care of moderate sedation and anesthetized patient.
- Accurately documents in a timely manner all components of the nursing process.
- Documents pertinent data including assessment, interventions and evaluations.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in the transport of critical/high risk patients.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics when transferring, lifting and moving patients.
- Maintains an environment that is clean, safe secure for the patients, visitors, physicians and employees of SJH.
- Observes patients; records significant conditions and reactions and notifies supervisor and physician of patientâ??s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Completes routine monitoring of patients to detect deviations from normal.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care rendered.
- Identifies and responds to life threatening situations.
- Effectively acknowledges, coordinates and implements diagnostic and therapeutic orders.
- Demonstrates ability to triage patients and designate appropriate acuity levels after 1 year Emergency Department experience or sooner as determined by ED personnel.
- Demonstrates proficiency in cardiac monitoring; specialized central insertions and modalities of treatment; airway maintenance, BLS and ACLS skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in selection, application and monitoring of patient restraints, utilizing least restrictive method.
- Demonstrates proficiency in application of modalities to alleviate pain.
- Reads communicator & attends unit meetings.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current MT RN Licensure
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire
- CEN Preferred
- TNCC recommended within one year of hire