Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- Drive risk excellence within the business and across corporate partners by utilizing process documentation and project management skills, this includes having a significant understanding of both control and process flow documentation standards
- Propose changes to the existing structure and operating model, challenging the status quo, to standardize processes and controls across products and regions and achieve best practices
- Manage the implementation of change, confirming that remediation steps and corrective action plans from process or control review findings are implemented as agreed
- Establish strong relationships with key functional stakeholders including first line of defense business lines, Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit
- Work in conjunction with First Line Risk as needed to drive the successful and timely completion of Controls Assurance/Testing, including the identification and resolution of risks and issues.
- Present reports to relevant stakeholders and results of solutions to management to evidence work undertaken by the first line to improve controls, culture and governance
- Resolve issues and prioritize actions in the absence of the direct manager
- Assist manager in the oversight of offshore staff including the tracking of project statuses
- Track outstanding issues; be detailed oriented and prioritize effectively.
- Maintain working knowledge of overall process operating model and assist with deployment of operational changes
- Generate process improvement ideas within the team
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Strong primary degree. Secondary degree and/or professional qualifications desirable
- 1-3 years PQE with solid knowledge of Global Markets' businesses, client service requirements and operations
- Background in organizational design / operations / operational risk / internal audit / consultancy and/or business analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within the industry (i.e. Dodd Frank etc.) desirable
- Understanding of control and process mapping methodologies with knowledge of, and interest in, on-going research and development of process and control techniques
- Effective communication, negotiating skills with the resilience and ability to influence and challenge at senior level
- Customer focused to ensure the Business Architecture function is sensitive at all times to the demands of its stakeholders and the business
- Pro-actively takes ownership; can identify and resolve variety of issues; communicate to appropriate parties; escalate as required.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings, thereby mitigating reputational risk to both SSGM Asia Limited and its clients
- Detail oriented, highly self-motivated with excellent time management and organizational skills
- A comfort level with MS Office suite and SharePoint is expected, knowledge of ARIS a plus