| Individual will be part of the Ratings Delivery and Data team supporting various initiatives. Primary duties include supporting Moody's globally with ratings related database extracts as follows: Create and/or revise SQL scripts used for publications, projects, regulatory reporting and data integrity initiatives based on feedback from individuals in various business units. Participate in projects that affect the team. |
Provide leadership to the team in the following ways: Provide recommendations to senior management regarding process improvements.
- Formal training in computer programming.
- College degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Management (IM), Information Systems (IS) or related discipline.
- Minor in Business, Finance, Economics or Statistics or Mathematics a plus.
- Business/Finance or related degree with a minor in (CS, IM or IS) is also acceptable with tangible work experience.
- At least 1 year of experience working with Fixed Income data and/or Fixed Income markets.
- Technical Skills: Proficient with SQL query writing in a relational database environment (Sybase or SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of ODBC or other data interface APIs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Access and MS Excel (exposure to advanced macro writing using VBA).
- Familiar with the software development life cycle.
- Familiar with ETL tools, SSIS is a plus. Prior experience with a business intelligence/reporting tool is a plus
Candidate must also possess the following:
- in depth ability to grasp both business and technical processes and concepts
- excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to effectively communicate both technical and business terms
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- business analysis experience is a plus
- well organized, efficient and detail oriented
- strong sense of accountability, and a strong work ethic
- ability to research technical aspects and resolve problems with minimal supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.