Applications received by 2/26/17 will be given first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until position is filled. This position will start Summer Quarter, 2017.
Annual salary is based on a 173-day contract with a minimum of $55,354.06; beginning salary will be determined by the assessment of the candidate's education and related experience. New hires cannot be placed above $59,353.19 unless exceptional circumstances prevail. This position is covered under the Bellevue College Association of Higher Education (BCAHE) union; the individual in this position must become a member of the Association, or pay a representation fee to the Association, within 30 calendar days after date of hire.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
Essential Functions/Typical Duties:
As an instructor in the English Language Institute, the individual is responsible for teaching courses in both the intensive University Preparation Program and the International Business Professions Program to fulfill a full-time load. Instructional hours will be the equivalent of 20 hours per week for 3 1/2 quarters (173 days per year). Typical duties include:
- Utilize a variety of innovative teaching and learning strategies - including integration of technology - to assist students in achieving learning outcomes and outcome assessments
- Cultivate a positive and supportive learning environment within the classroom setting
- Participate and lead in the use of multiple modalities in the classroom
- Possess commitment to student success
- Support, advise and mentor students and new faculty members
- Advise students on observation/internship placement and conduct site visits while maintaining productive communication with participating businesses and agencies
- Lead and collaborate in curriculum development, revision, assessment
- Participate in the life and culture of the department, division, and college as well as professional development activities
- Support college initiatives on pluralism; maintain effective communication with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations