Network Engineer works within the NetOps group on the operation of the Firm's data/voice networks, responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of such systems ensuring operational high availability.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates thorough knowledge, experience and competencies as described below:
Administers all operational aspects of the Firm's data and voice network infrastructure.
Experienced in core Cisco technologies as well as a variety of other networking systems providing Firewall, WiFi, VPN and Internet Access control functions.
Experienced administrator, capable of making add, move, changes on Avaya 8800 servers running Communication Manager 5.2.1
Experienced with managing/setting up PRI's, SIP Trunks, DID porting, etc.
Proficient in routing protocols and networking technologies such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, Cisco routing and switching, MPLS, VPLS, QoS, VoIP, DHCP, DNS etc. as well as Windows OS and Active Directory.
Provides engineering, design and troubleshooting of the Firm's telephony systems, LAN/WAN infrastructure, Internet access, end-node connectivity and network security analysis, reporting and administration.
Oversees continuous monitoring of these systems to ensure proactive and prompt issue resolutions.
Designs, implements and manages High Availability and Disaster Recovery contingencies and procedures.
Researches and evaluates relevant products and technologies, and makes purchase recommendations.
Provides enterprise-level network engineering and architectural support to all other IT teams as needed.
2. Interacts with all levels of personnel and outside vendors. Provides high-level technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure problems. Responds to calls received from the call tracking software, for ticket entry, tracking and follow up. Resolves specialized and/or high impact messaging issues. Troubleshoots customer problems that may require visiting the customer directly. Contributes to and updates the solutions database and the projects management database.
3. Assists the Manager in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures. Supports and takes all necessary and approved actions to achieve departmental goals and objectives, recognizing and identifying issues and problems and recommending solutions to the Manager. Provides technical input to IT department in the design, enhancement and documentation of in-house training programs. In conjunction with the Technology Trainers, trains others in in relevant systems.
4. Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all firm records and files.
5. Leads/participates in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
6. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.