DBRS is a recognized, international rating agency, providing timely and comprehensive rating opinions to the world’s capital markets. Privately owned and independent, DBRS offers in-depth credit analysis of corporate, financial institutions, and government issues in North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. DBRS' extensive coverage of structured finance and securitization has solidified its standing as a leading provider of comprehensive, in-depth credit analysis.
DBRS is headquartered in Toronto, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Mexico City and covers entities worldwide.
DBRS seeks a highly motivated candidate to join its Credit Estimate team in New York as a Corporate Analyst. Corporate Analysts on the Credit Estimate team analyze financial, industry and other data to assess the creditworthiness of middle-market corporate borrowers.
Credit Estimates are private assessments of corporate creditworthiness for middle-market borrowers that are used by other DBRS teams to rate corporate securitizations, including collateralized loan obligations (CLOs). DBRS clients and investors also rely on Credit Estimates for quick, fair and thoughtful evaluations of middle-market companies. Credit Estimates play an important role in the ability of small and mid-sized businesses to borrow from non-bank alternative institutional lenders, and are a critical segment of the CLO market. The DBRS Credit Estimate team is a small, fast-paced and growing international team of analysts in New York and London, and forms part of the global DBRS Structured Credit ratings team, which assigns ratings to US and European CLOs.
- Analyze corporate financial statements to develop, propose, and defend Credit Estimates as a generalist corporate analyst for middle market companies across a variety of industries and jurisdictions.
- Apply financial and accounting principles to determine inputs for proprietary financial statement analysis tools and review the appropriateness of results.
- Prepare company evaluations for review by senior analysts. Assist in preparation of other written materials, research and reports.
- Participate in analytic discussions with senior analysts and clients.
- Manage client facing administrative and data collection processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, investors and bankers, providing timely and professional client service.
- Maintain related databases as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business or Mathematics required. MBA degree a plus, but not required.
- CFA Candidate with Level I completed a plus, but not required.
- Minimum four years of work experience analyzing the credit risk of high yield or leveraged loan issuers or minimum three years of work experience auditing corporate financial statements at a nationally recognized accounting firm with CPA license.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and analytical abilities, including familiarity with GAAP accounting principles necessary for financial statement analysis.
- Familiarity with IFRS accounting standards, local European accounting standards and/or European financial statement formats is a plus, but not required.
- Must be comfortable analyzing companies across multiple corporate industry sectors.
- Strong spreadsheet skills and report preparation skills.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and complete critical work quickly, independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Must be team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Additional language proficiency is a plus (German, French, Spanish or Italian), but not required.
- Knowledgeable with respect to key aspects of legal documentation for corporate loans is a plus, but not required.
DBRS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and that a reasonable accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise us of how we might be able to support your participation.