Education: Bachelor's Degree in Biology, chemistry or field of study related to the research of the laboratory.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Biomedical Research.
Experience: Three (3) years experience in laboratory research including two (2) years in the relevant research specialization.
Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.*
May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to take a lead role in performing and directing various advanced routine, and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to perform independent projects and to serve as a consultant in area of technical specialty.
- Ability to design and recommend changes to research projects and/or area of technical specialty.
- Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Knowledge and assurance of compliance issues related to laboratory activities.
- Skill in statistical programming, interpretation and data analysis using statistical software as well as spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions and dismantles and repair equipment.
- Ability to network with, and present information to key groups and individuals.
- Ability to conduct library research and participate in the preparation of journal articles.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday Friday, 8:30am 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.