The Title IX Program Officer serves as the lead Title IX coordinator with primary responsibility for managing Brown Universityâ??s compliance with Title IX, including its grievance procedures for resolving Title IX complaints. Title IX prohibits discrimination based on sex in educational programs and activities. Prohibited conduct under Brown's Title IX policy includes sexual or gender-based harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, relationship and interpersonal violence and stalking.
The incumbent reports directly to the Executive Vice President for Policy and Planning, and works closely with the deputy Title IX coordinators and investigators, the Vice President for Campus Life, the Vice President and General Counsel, the Dean of the College and other members of the senior administration, faculty and staff to ensure effective university-wide efforts with regard to Title IX compliance, in keeping with the Universityâ??s overall mission.
- An earned advanced degree such as Master's Degree (in social work, psychology or forensic psychology, higher education administration or other relevant discipline) or JD or an equivalent combination of degree and experience.
- Prior professional experience in higher education or other relevant work experience is required. Higher education experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a related field.
- Experience in administration or conduct of hearings or disciplinary processes or investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Title IX and VAWA and other applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, on-going and complex caseload of Title IX related incidents and complaints.
- Effective project management, organization and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with an emphasis on education and training for a variety of constituents.
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to build relationships and establish collaborative partnerships across the institution and peer institutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of interpersonal violence.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-26-08:00
Job Posting Title:Title IX Program Officer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.