NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing basic to moderate range of Project coordination. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and complete major Project. Promotes, coordinates and supports the development of research Project (gathering, collecting and analysis data). Facilitates the administration process of departmental activities (e.g., facilitates the administrative process of recruiting and on-boarding process, maintaining records, compiling and monitoring the master schedule for meetings; grant application preparation and submission; monitoring and developing budget; organizing and coordinating seminars, training programs and other related activities). Reports to a Manager or Director; works under general supervision.
- Project Coordination Provides basic to moderate coordination for Project activities to a manager or director, head of department that includes but not limited to: coordination of Project while working/communicating with internal and external parties to organize and coordinate the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude Project activities. Develops Project schedules, prepares, process, and tracks Project related purchase/supplies requisitions, reimbursements, expense reports, and related invoice payments.
- Reports Independently prepares and review documents, and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending Projects which may include moderate analysis of findings. Outlines agenda, plans and prepares presentations, and composes a variety of memos and letters. Reviews, edits, obtain appropriate approvals. Responds to routine correspondences and refers non routine items to the appropriate party. Follows protocols as defined by the grant and Medical Centers policies and procedures.
- Research Activities Gathers and collects data from different parties and presents findings as applicable. Researches problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information. Assists in developing materials and presentations for training and educational sessions, departmental seminars and other activities.
- Scheduling & Coordinating Organizes and coordinates schedules, activities and special events. Coordinates conference preparation activities (checking and coordinating the logistics and technical support, making food and beverage arrangements, etc) and other related activities. May assist in special events planning.
- Participates in special Projects and performs other duties as required.
To qualify you must have a 1. Bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration, health care administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
2. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
3. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
5. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
6. Ability to Project/Program manage and to multi task while paying attention to details.
Project/Program management experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.