NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Data Analyst.
In this role, the Data Analyst will be responsible for organizing, reviewing, and analyzing clinical, financial, health outcomes, and utilization data. The Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This position will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Lead and conduct sophisticated and meaningful analyses using hospital administrative, clinical and nonclinical data. These analyses may include, but are not limited to, quality and safety performance, health outcomes, cost, and utilization.
- Use statistical programs and query tools to organize large data sets into workable formats, troubleshoot issues, and generate meaningful analysis and reports. Learn new statistical programs as needed.
- Develop ongoing reports based on analyses to display quality performance and gap to goal across performance based programs and shared savings contracts
- Effectively justify methods selected and implement analysis plans
- Use techniques of quality improvement, outcomes measurement and statistical analysis to inform decision making, and ensure achievement of goals and measure outcomes
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Communicate effectively with physicians and leadership regarding performance and areas for improvement
- Manage daily relationship with call center for patient outreach
- Develop process and outcome metrics to measure success of interventions
- Manage and support other work efforts as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree in Healthcare Policy & Management, Business Administration, or relevant discipline required and 2-3 years experience in statistical analysis, research and/or healthcare reporting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proven ability to work independently on complex data management and analysis projects, working with professionals with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
Must have significant Excel knowledge
Knowledge of healthcare terms and reimbursement methodologies
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a track record of successful presentation of analytic findings to clinical and nonclinical leaders.
Proficiency using relational databases, database concepts and software applications.
Ability to interpret the results of data analysis processes and draw conclusions from statistical results.
Ability to write results of statistical analysis in a public-friendly language.
Ability to create tables and graphs to present statistical results in visual form.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Masters degree in the field of Health Policy and Management or relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with Excel Power Pivot
- Familiarity with EPIC
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio
- Familiarity with Tableau
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.