NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Departmental Secretary.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides administrative support to the Sr. Director and Director of the Advanced Practice Nurses Department by performing and organizing administrative duties and activities and maintaining calendars and schedule.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Create new hires files and update existing files with current records in accordance with departmental, hospital, federal, state and city agency regulations
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for staff files, records, correspondence, and other material.
- Communicate and collaborate daily with the Sr. director, director, program manager, and other administrative staff to ensure department continuity.
- Stamp, sort and distribute incoming faxes.
- Facilitate, schedule, and confirm all meetings, appointments and communicate to participants.
- Manage Senior Directors calendar ensuring accuracy and flexibility
- Seek and reserve conference rooms for special meeting or events and confirm catering request 48 hours prior to start time
- Prepares agenda, necessary materials, sign-in sheet, required audio visual equipment and collation of binders for meeting
- Arranges conferences, meetings, and assist with travel reservations as requested.
- Sets up and maintains files and complex records of departmental and program activities.
- Greets, directs, and responds to the needs and requests of the nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and general public.
- Inform employees of any non-compliance issues when scheduling their evaluations
- Collects reviews and updates nurse practitioners credentialing compliance requirements
- Composes, prepares and edits reports, correspondence, etc.
- Maintains contact with all credentialed nurse practitioners at NYULMC and other NYULMC departments under minimal supervision
To qualify you must have a High School diploma. Five years of relevant medical clerical experience. Knowledge of medical terminology. Background in computer literacy preferred. Light, accurate keyboarding skills required. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills required.
Knowledge of nurse practitioner and physician assistant credentialing requirements as well as the ongoing professional practice evaluation (OPPE) process.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.