SSM Health Dean Medical Group is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in the country. Established in 1904 and headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Dean provides medical and health services through a network of clinics located throughout Southern Wisconsin.
At Dean Medical Group, we are committed to improving the health of our community and being one of the best providers of healthcare in the country. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time. If your first priority is to provide the very best customer service to those you serve, apply today!
The Health Information Scanning Clerk, under the supervision of the Health Information Supervisor, is responsible for scanning all approved patient information into the Dean Electronic Medical Record (Epic). Individuals will perform a variety of moderately complex tasks that are highly confidential and defined by established policy and procedure. In order to scan appropriately, the position involves understanding the document types and their correlation to Epic encounters/orders and determining which Epic activities to access.
1. Analyze PHI documents to establish if scanning is necessary and then determine the document type/scanning protocol to use.
2. Scan documents to appropriate encounters/orders/document list within Epic computer application using complex, multi-level approach.
3. Review legal/advanced directive documents, verify signatures and upload the documents in the electronic format, following protocols.
4. Manage these multiple complex tasks while maintaining department production and quality requirements.
5. Maintain knowledge of all scanning requirements in order to scan documents correctly.
6. Communicate with supervisor and occasionally managers, providers, patients, employers, to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Maintain high level of confidentiality with patient information.
8. Contribute ideas/solutions for process quality improvement.
9. Perform other duties and assist in department projects as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
2. Previous PC training and experience and the ability to type 30 words per minute with full keyboard knowledge.
3. Ability to work effectively with others.
4. Excellent organizational, time management, communication skills, and attention to detail.
5. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
1. Previous Medical terminology training.
2. Previous experience using Epic EHR.
3. Entry level knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Work and MS Excel.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to read fine print.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as pulling charts, filing paper, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift and push/pull boxes, charts or carts weighing up to 20 pounds.