The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) - Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO) - Back Office Treasury Division (BOT) - Liquidity Planning and Control Unit (LPC), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Transaction Processing and Cash Management Analyst
This is a full time position
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organisational requirements and individual performance
The Transaction Processing and Cash Management Analyst, internally referred to as Transaction Processing and Management Analyst, will contribute to the daily cash management, reconciliation and payment transaction processing in order to enable fulfilment of the bank's commitments in a timely and accurate manner.
Actively perform Bank's liquidity management activities through effective operational liquidity planning, produced in line with given guidelines, and to contribute to the ongoing development of adequate operational liquidity reporting and control tools. Provide specialist advice in the area of liquidity.
- Implement strategies and policies in liquidity domain following the overall implementation plan and make suggestions to improve operational processes
- Conduct operational monitoring of liquidity ratios and Bank's liquidity indicators (Total Liquidity ratios, Short-term Liquidity Ratio, Liquidity Available, liquidity coverage ratio (LCR, NSFR)
- Manage cash management of all EIB's nostro account and liquidity planning
- Provide operational support for other activities performed in the Unit:
- Management of SWIFT messages
- Management of PIRAT activities: this FI transversal activity consists of coordinating, planning, controlling and managing all FI related actions on clients in the Pirat database.
- Tax management
- Management of Reconciliation & claims
- Provide specific advice and recommendations in liquidity domain:
- Provide specialist advice in the area of daily liquidity planning and reporting
- Provide advice for the development of specific liquidity available scenarios; perform scenario and sensitivity analysis, and incorporate such tools in the overall liquidity reporting framework
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the area of liquidity regulatory best practice developments
- University degree, preferably in a business-related field (Finance, Economics, Mathematics)
- At least 3 years of relevant financial experience, preferably in a back office function
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the financial sector in general and good treasury product and cash management knowledge in particular
- Good and up-to-date knowledge of the relevant best banking practices, preferably ACI Model Code and Basel Committee documents on liquidity risk measurement, standards and monitoring.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools, including very good knowledge of Excel
- Experience in Back Office applications (Finance Kit, Accurate or other)
- Very good knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of additional European languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability