The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate (Ops) – Equity, New Products and Special Transactions Department (ENPST) – Infrastructure Funds & Climate Action Division (ENPST-2), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Junior) Equity Investment Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be until 16th December 2019
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The IF & CA Division is part of the ENPST Department and acts as a centre of expertise for the EIB's infrastructure and environmental private equity activity, and climate finance policy. From an operational standpoint, it manages and monitors Equity Funds and Co- Investments, focusing on infrastructure, climate and environmental sectors globally in EIB's eligible geographies. Key focus sectors include economic and social infrastructure, renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste and water, land decontamination, forestry. It also contributes to formulation of the Bank's climate policy, particularly as regards finance.
The Equity Investment Officer will work in close cooperation with a team of Investment Officers, accountable to the Head of Division.
- Identify, execute and negotiate new investments, primarily through funds but also directly through co- investments.
- Draft due diligence reports, investment recommendations and Board reports
- Monitor investments
- Participate in supervisory boards and investment committees when appropriate
- Perform portfolio / investment valuations
- Interface with EIB clients and various other stakeholders at high level
- Represent the Bank in appropriate professional and public fora
- Follow trends and innovations in private equity markets, especially related to infrastructure, climate and environmental sectors
- Advise and actively support other divisions in the Operations Directorate in similar or related fields
- University degree in Finance/Economics/Engineering or other relevant studies. Post Graduate studies would be an advantage
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience. Experience in the private equity industry would be an advantage.
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of financial analysis as well as experience in investment/risk assessment
- Experience in relevant sectors as well as understanding of the climate-related policies and model would be an advantage
- Experience and aptitude in direct contacts with public and private sector clients often at a senior level
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of written / spoken French (*)
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability