| Purpose: |
The candidate will work closely with the GTM team to implement and maintain the Bank's global documentation framework for client templates (Client Documentation Architecture). The candidate will work closely with central, product and country legal teams in the overall design and governance of the Client Documentation Architecture for our Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) and Commercial Banking Client (CB) segment. You will also be generally involved in a range of initiatives to improve the Client Documentation Architecture for our other client businesses, including Wealth Management, Private Banking and Retail Banking.
You will be exposed to the full range of client documentation templates covering the Bank's major products and services (including bi-lateral lending, account opening, cash and channels, trade, security services and financial markets).
The role plays an important part to the bank's overall network delivery and cross-selling strategy, allowing the candidate to be part of a global team of lawyers and managers responsible for overseeing the bank's documentation architecture.
- About GTM - The team originated from a global business and CIC funded project (Client Documentation Programme) in 2007 to improve client service by (i) providing simplified and standardised documentation; (ii) enhancing cross-selling opportunities; and (iii) by adopting a standardised approach throughout CIC for client negotiations. The project evolved over the years and expanded to include new simplified documentation templates, enhanced documentation architecture and the introduction of the Client Documentation Management System (CDMS) (including its integration with the Bank's end-to-end documentation processes and workflows) and most recently the Integrated Client Documentation Management System (iCDMS) which currently stores over 3,000 word templates over core banking services and using the system's logic, bundles over 85,000 possible combinations of the most up-to-date templates for users to provide to clients depending on the products/services that the client requires. The project was a key component to the Bank's network delivery strategy, and promoted the importance of an efficient and scalable infrastructure.
A group of lawyers and managers was established out of the project and a dedicated team was formed within the legal function in 2010.
- Scope of the framework- The Client Documentation Architecture was designed to cover a range of bilateral lending, transaction banking and financial markets products and services. The architecture has been adopted across our major global footprint locations (43 countries and 16 countries) for the CIB and CB segments, respectively. GTM will continue to expand the Client Documentation Architecture across geographies, products and client segments (we will expand into the PvB, WM and Retail segments).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Client Documentation Architecture for the CIB, CB segments and PvB, WM and Retail segments in due course. This will include:
Manage the templates under the Client Documentation Architecture which involves:
- Maintenance of templates to ensure consistency across our network;
- Managing roll-out of new / amended templates under our Client Documentation Architecture;
- Controlling and assisting in the evolution of the architecture through continued validation and assessment of the framework;
- Supporting legal counsel / product owners in the review, update and presentation of templates and user guides;
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on the Client Documentation Architecture;
- Coordinate translation with internal and external parties; and
- Support other ad-hoc matters relevant to GTM;
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes for the smooth and efficient roll out of the Client Documentation Architecture;
- Assist with global initiatives/projects to improve, enhance or expand the Client Documentation Architecture;
- Work closely with the GTM team of lawyers to enhance the overall client experience of our architecture for our client businesses;
- Work closely with the wider business, legal and compliance and other functional stakeholders to achieve the global client documentation objectives; and
- Deliver training programmes across the global network, educating business, product and legal teams on the Client Documentation Architecture, processes and templates.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer Diploma and above; prior work experience in office environment or administrative role in a legal environment will be a plus;
- Excellent PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and willingness to learn and use new template management applications;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy;
- Possess strong communication and inter-personal relationship skills;
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written);
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities under tight timeline;
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across group, region, country, business and product stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Self-initiated and independent worker;
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience; and
- Able to start work as soon as possible.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.