| Job Description: |
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
APAC Audit - Issue Management Team
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of audit issues (including audit identified, self-identified and regulator identified);
- Issue management process will involve identification, monitoring, validation and closure of the issues by following the Bank of America Corporate Audit Issue management process;
- Assist all regional teams covering LOBs and Control Function teams with issue management support;
- Anticipates and exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence senior business management & peers and acts as a catalyst.
- Helps business partners balance their business strategies with appropriate risk management controls from an enterprise perspective.
- Responsible for multiple projects simultaneously. Utilizes sound, seasoned analytical skills and possesses product, business, and technical expertise to execute assigned responsibilities.
- Leads analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for complex control deficiencies to drive actionable business impact, influences management on sufficiency of correctives actions, recommends audit rating.
- Implements risk based audit strategy.
- Exercises judgment and critical thinking to influence business partners. Identifies control trends in assigned business areas as well as impact to the business and to the Bank overall by applying deep and broad business acumen. Coaches/trains team in execution of the audit.
- At least 6-8 years of banking / finance industry experience with majority of these gained while working in an audit environment, either within an internal audit function in banking/ finance or in a public accounting firm "Big 4", or in a compatible risk control function.
- CPA/ CA qualified (or equivalent) and has an excellent understanding of audit fundamentals, including risk assessment.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good business acumen and knowledge of Global Markets products, process flow and internal controls.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive in nature, assertive, inquisitive, analytical, has excellent attention to details.
Posting Date: 01/02/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong, SG--Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40