| WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT |
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Global Multi-Asset Strategies (GMAS) group manages approximately $25 billion in multi-asset, absolute return, income and unconstrained portfolios. The GMAS group is also responsible for delivering bespoke, customized investment solutions and research, and assisting clients with long-term asset allocation themes, strategies and policy issues. Within this team, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Multi-Asset Analyst to be based in our Boston office. This individual will be responsible for contributing actionable investment ideas across a number of asset classes both directly and through active and passive strategies. The ideal candidate will invest in public securities, thematic beta baskets, ETF's, futures, swaps and Wellington-managed investment strategies. In addition, they will be able to access ideas from across the firm and execute them in a number of ways.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching and designing a number of systematic screens and quantitative models across the multi-asset landscape. This work will span a range of fixed income asset classes as well as equities, commodities, regional and country allocations
- Building reporting tools and diagnostics for PMs to evaluate large amounts of trade ideas and effectiveness of models
- Establishing strong relationships with the firm's fundamental and quantitative equity, fixed income and macro analysts and portfolio managers to identify investment opportunities for the team's portfolio and appropriately leverage the firm's resources
- Contributing to the strong investment culture of the team and the firm; and
- Driving strong investment results on behalf of clients
The successful candidate should have the following attributes and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the investment management industry with a proven research process across multi asset/global macro/equity/fixed income
- Significant expertise across multi asset investing inclusive of quantitative programming and modeling skills in MATLAB/Python etc.
- Experience researching and suggesting tactical and strategic macro ideas
- Ability and willingness to build reporting and IT infrastructure on signals/models etc.
- Ability to ramp quickly and deeply in new research areas, provide strong evidence based recommendations, and rotate to the next topic as needed
- Experience building diversified portfolios and utilizing various risk tools to manage volatility and drawdowns
- A passion for investing and capital markets
- Ability to think creatively and flexibly
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team oriented environment; and
- History of academic achievement. An advanced degree in finance or economics as well as a CFA charter, is preferred
Global Multi-Asset Strategies Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .