| The AVP Recruiter will report directly to the Regional Head of Talent Acquisition. The role will be responsible for stakeholder management between the outsourced RPO recruiting team and the internal designated client group, with a view to facilitating execution of the Talent Acquisition strategy aligned to business requirements for their client group. |
The AVP Recruiter will work together with the RPO Recruiting Relationship Manager (RRM), senior business leaders and hiring managers in their client group and with other global recruiting team members to design and execute region wide talent acquisition strategies to identify, attract and hire high-quality talent for the business/region. The AVP Recruiter will facilitate optimal hiring outcomes by building strong relationships with hiring teams and the RPO Recruiters and by working to influence outcomes. They will also act as subject matter experts for these key stakeholder groups and interpret internal employment demands and translate them into timely, results-driven action items.
The AVP Recruiter may also execute senior level executive searches for senior level roles within their designated client group that are not managed by the RPO recruiting team or help manage day to day recruiting delivery if needed due to hiring volumes or special projects.
Internal Customer Group
- Partner with HR Business Partners, regional business leaders, RPO Recruiters and other key stakeholders to analyze business goals, identify talent needs and/or gaps associated with those goals, and develop and implement programs to find the right talent.
- Demonstrate understanding of the organization's business models, operations, financial goals, competitive position and talent strategy
- Build strong two-way relationships with hiring managers, provide support (if not delivery) throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Develop strong relationships with and effectively persuade and influencing executives
- Provide value-add recruiting advice and demonstrate understanding of talent needs to hiring managers and key senior leaders/decision makers to influence and persuade talent decisions and strategies
- Advise management on appropriate recruitment methods and salary ranges
- Assist in the design and implementation of external candidate recruiting programs that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce and support Moody's workplace diversity goals
Project Management, Strategy & Marketing
- Oversee the execution of outsourcing strategy appropriate to the regions workforce planning and business needs to source, attract, and hire best talent.
- Act as liaison between RPO Recruiters, hiring managers, business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Act as subject matter experts with RPO Recruiters around key Moody's policies, guidelines, systems and processes to ensure that these are adhered to at all times and provide consultative guidance to stakeholder groups around these
- Partner with the key stakeholder group on all related recruiting issues, ensure issues are escalated and resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Utilize various tools and resources to effectively evaluate talent in a variety of methods in order to ensure that the company is selecting highly qualified and engaged professionals to join the organization
- Assist RPO Recruiters to work with hiring managers to reconcile between ideal and practical staffing needs and ensure high-level service delivery
- Independently lead and manage significant scale regional or global HR related projects through the management and input of wider HR team members and contribute towards other recruiting team / projects
- Partner with Diversity and Inclusion to achieve Moody's aspirational diversity goals including support of campus recruiting and summer internship programs.
- Provide input into the regional recruitment strategy to ensure alignment with business and HR goals
- Attend business and / or networking functions to build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships over a long period of time with potential senior-level candidates with the goal to ultimately attract them to Moody's
- Establish and maintain contacts with employment sources, such as colleges/universities, search firms, trade associations, etc.
- Partner with RPO Recruiters, senior management, HR business partners and hiring managers to identify current and future hiring needs and workforce planning strategies.
- Analyze regional recruiting team success against metrics for client group and create and execute plans to achieve on-going improvement in results that will increase retention in the business.
- Provide insight and support to gain operational efficiencies and practices that drive strong performance across all recruitment-related metrics including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Cost Per Hire and Source effectiveness.
- Gather and analyze competitive industry information regarding salary, benefits and employment practices and advise management appropriately
- Partner with senior management, HR business partners and hiring managers to identify current and future hiring needs and workforce planning strategies
- Maintain accurate and up to date recruiting data. Create and distribute recruiting activity reports and budgets as required. Conduct management presentations regarding recruiting activity as needed.
Executive Level Searches
- Strengthen existing and identify new sources of hires and develop relationships with external top performers who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Build relationships with talented executive level candidates, taking the time to understand their career aspirations, professional goals and educate them on Moody's Employment Value Proposition.
- Demonstrate extensive labor market expertise for the markets relevant to the designated customer group and work with client group to utilize this information to the best advantage of the company
- Negotiate complex and creative offer terms
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Executive Compensation as it impacts recruitment in order to be knowledgeable about and able to appropriately explain Moody's benefits and recruitment related policies and programs, especially Long Term Incentive programs for senior hires, vesting (cliff vs. periodic), outstanding stock valuation based on future vesting schedule, options value vs. restricted stock, equity vs. deferred cash, sign-ons.
HR Tools and Technology
- Work in collaboration with HR Service Delivery leader that supports effective and efficient recruiting processes, employment branding and leverages social media to attract the best talent.
- Proactively research and investigate trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
The Talent Acquisition function is responsible for executing the Talent Acquisition strategy aligned to business requirements and is comprised of recruiting specialists and recruiting operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years or more of progressively responsible HR-related experience, of which at least 5 or more were in a senior recruiting / talent acquisition role
- A background working in both the RPO vendor and corporate space is ideal
- Strong track record of developing, implementing and managing the strategy for talent sourcing, acquisition and mapping
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills that will enable the building of a deep and trusted relationship
- Ability to be flexible when needed, to take initiative, and to demonstrate accountability
- Oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices relating to talent acquisition, including compensation structures
- Excellent project management and organization skills in order to work and lead several initiatives simultaneously, effectively and efficiently
- Comfortable working in a global and multi-cultural environment where collaboration, cooperation, consensus building, persuasion and a team approach to management is the norm
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.