We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Please apply online at: https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/30232/project-designer%2c-information-communication-technology/job
The Project Designer, ICT Consulting applies buildings engineering skills and knowledge to produce key project deliverables that meet project requirements and project manager and client expectations. Work consists of the design of network, wireless, access control, CCTV, CATV, nurse call and audiovisual systems and the use of digital practice technology such as AutoCAD and Revit.
The successful candidate in this role:
- Under the direction of a project manager, designs technology systems for the built environment, including pathway drawings, low voltage device and telecommunications outlet plan drawings, systems single line drawings and technical specifications.
- Applies strong technical design skills to produce accurate and timely deliverables
- Serves as a trainer and resource for more junior level staff
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats
- Collaborates with project managers
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff
- Supports project requirements including basis-of design narratives, opinions-of-probable-costs estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Often interacts with key clients and project stakeholders
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards