Manage all aspects of departmental administration including financial and clinical operations, faculty affairs, the human resources and other diverse issues. Provide leadership and management when coordinating these activities; to collaborate with Department Chair, Practice Group Administrator (COO) and other members of MFA administrative team in achieving the goals and objectives of the department of ophthalmology and the MFA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinates, in conjunction with the physician leader and COO, the human resource functions for non-clinical staff including hiring, performance evaluation, counseling, terminations, promotions, wage/salary adjustments, disciplinary decisions and grievance procedure; coordinates, in conjunction with the physician leader, the logistics of administrative human resource functions for clinical staff; assists in the development and implementation of programs designed to retain staff and enhance team work among working groups; oversees payroll activities of patient care support staff.
2. Develops revises and implements standards and policies for financial and operational aspects of patient care goals and objectives.
3. In conjunction with the physician leader and administrator, determines the composition and scheduling of staff to assure the delivery of effective and cost efficient care.
4. Prioritizes workload demands, establishing productivity expectations, and cross covering functions within and across areas as needed.
5. Directs /oversees all financial management activities including the development of annual operating and capital budgets; monitors performance against the budget on a monthly basis, explaining variances and taking corrective action as necessary.
6. Continuously develops, reviews, implements and re-accesses plans for achieving the goals and objectives of the department of ophthalmology consistent with the strategic plan and changing needs of the MFA.
7. Participates in the implementation of procedures, collection of data, and development of systems to meet contractual requirements of insurer groups.
8. Develops group practice orientation for new hires; coordinates the training of staff; leads multi-disciplinary team in providing a strong and consistent customer service orientation; maintains records on training activities.
9. Assists with the development and implementation of marketing plans to promote patient services and programs both internally and externally.
10. Ensures that all correspondence/communication associated with billing, collection, and reimbursement activities are completed on a timely basis by working with reimbursement staff.
11. Works with the Executive/Residency Coordinator for data analysis in preparing monthly and ad hoc statistical reports, accompanied by recommendations for problem resolution as appropriate.
12. Assists staff, providers, and patients with resolution of problems at the team level whenever possible.
13. Participates in meeting identified quality assurance objectives.
14. Oversees registration and billing functions.
15. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and assignments.
16. Evaluates all aspects of patient care delivery system and makes recommendations for improvements.
1. Maintains fluency in scheduling and billing software
2. Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements.
3. Participates in MFA wide committees and training programs as necessary.
4. Performs other work-related duties as necessary