- A Master’s degree (M.L.I.S. or M.L.S.) from an ALA-accredited Library Science program.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a library setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of Integrated Library Systems, Electronic Resource Management systems, Learning Management Systems, and Integrated Resources.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the campus community and contribute to Capital University’s mission, strategic plan, and goals.
- Preferred candidates should have an understanding of and strategies for addressing changes in information storage and delivery, innovative uses for technology and physical space, and mobile technologies.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement, family education benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, and free parking.
Although applications will be accepted until the new Director is selected, candidates should plan to submit materials by March 10, 2017 for the most favorable consideration. Application materials should include 1) a cover letter, 2) a complete CV or resume, and 3) the names and contact information (phone number and email) for three references, none of whom will be contacted until a later stage of the search or without the candidate’s formal permission.
Applications and inquiries should be submitted to:
Director of Library and Information Resources Search Committee
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.