Axovant Sciences seeks to fulfill a position as Director of Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research to be based at its European headquarters in Basel, Switzerland.
Axovant Sciences is a leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of dementia with a current focus on patients with Alzheimer’s disease and Lewy body dementia. Moreover, Axovant intends to develop and acquire a pipeline of product candidates to comprehensively address the cognitive, functional and behavioral aspects of dementia and related neurological disorders. Axovant’s vision is to become the leading company focused on the treatment of dementia by addressing all forms and aspects of the condition.
Axovant is currently developing four products: intepirdine (RVT-101), a potent 5HT6 receptor antagonist, and nelotanserin (RVT-102), a potent and highly selective inverse agonist of the 5HT2A receptor and RVT-103 and RVT-104, combinations to leverage a platform acquired from Qaam Pharmaceuticals. With intepirdine, Axovant aims to develop a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies. Intepirdine is currently in a confirmatory Phase III trial for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and in a Phase II trial for treating dementia with Lewy Bodies. Both trials could serve as pivotal trials and, if successful, would allow Axovant to be one of the first products approved in the last 15 years for AD, and the first product approved in the US or EU for dementia of Lewy bodies. Axovant is expecting the data for this trial mid-2017 and the plan is to file before the end of 2017. Currently no potential competing firm is at this stage in their programs.
The Responsibilities of the Director of Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research are to:
- Provide strategic direction from a HEOR perspective Contribute HEOR sections to target product profiles (TPPs), product development plans, commercialization plans and other critical documents. Additionally as products move through development process, provide recommendations on such research study aspects as positioning a new product without comparators, target patient populations, clinical and economic end-points and patient-reported outcomes (PROs), ensuring the payer perspective is incorporated in the assigned clinical development programs and the evidence needed to support optimal market access is addressed. Collaborate on the development of the value propositions that differentiate the assigned compounds for health policy makers, government & commercial payers, consumers and other stakeholders and identify the supporting evidence requirements, aligned with the regional HEOR and market access functions.
- Plan and conduct HEOR studies such as early economic models, burden of illness studies and the development and validation of patient report outcome instruments and lead the preparation of the global value dossiers which present the product value propositions and the supporting evidence, aligned with the product development strategies, regional HEOR and market access, to realize an optimal value demonstration of the products.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal global / regional functional peers and cross functional colleagues/teams, share knowledge and provide input on global HEOR needs as well as contributing to meet program objectives and global HEOR goals.
- Contribute to Axovant meetings with external bodies such as regulatory and health technology assessment (HTA) agencies and engage with such external agencies and clinical and HEOR KOLs, to seek external input to HEOR evidence generation strategies and plans for the assigned products.
- Develop HEOR communications (e.g. manuscripts, scientific forum presentations, publications, slide kits, symposia), in collaboration with multi-functional teams, to build the peer reviewed published evidence supporting the value propositions for the assigned products.
- Maintain and continue to enhance knowledge about HEOR methods and the evolving public health policy and reimbursement environment in Europe and other pertinent markets; build and maintain knowledge of the clinical and economic data for the assigned Axovant products, competitor and comparator products and the associated therapeutic areas, to ensure incorporation into product development and HEOR plans.
- Identify and develop relationships with key medical and pharmacy officers (KOLs) Develop and present information to support current and pipeline products and determine their insight regarding the evidence required for formulary acceptance.
- Identify and establish HEOR and RWE data generation opportunities by customer segment, as appropriate.