Universityof Maryland, Baltimore is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for the Department of Facilities Management. Undergeneral supervision, the selected candidate performs semi-skilled tasks inbuilding construction and maintenance requiring the application of generalknowledge of maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools, and equipment.
1. Conducts scheduled and unscheduledinspections of buildings and equipment. Performs required routine preventive maintenance and repair activities.
2. Performs routine and emergency repairsincluding correcting minor electrical malfunctions, repairing basic plumbingfixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light fixtures, repairingdoors and locks, changing filters, belts, and hoses.
3. Assists in the preparation of variousbuilding components and systems for trades units and/or contractors;disassembles and installs equipment and fixtures.
4. Repairs equipment such as power tools, vacuumcleaners, buffers, fans, washing machines and dryers. Performs minor repairs to air conditioningunits and motors.
5. Assists journey level trades personnel inskilled maintenance and repair work; assists in new construction and renovationwork.
6. Provides guidance and instruction tomaintenance assistants. May have leadresponsibility for special projects.
7. Performs minor repairs to groundsconstruction such as roadways, walkways, bridges; to interior and exteriorwalls, ceilings, floors, and other building surfaces.
8. Operates and ensures operational readinessand safety of tools, equipment, and building components. Cleans work area upon completion of project.
9. Performs unskilled work as assigned.
Note: Theintent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary ofthe major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform otherrelated duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary basedupon departmental needs.