Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
The position of Assistant Vice President of Student Recruitment is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership in the recruitment, admission, enrollment of new undergraduate students, and promotion to the undergraduate population. The individual will have the tactical, managerial, and entrepreneurial background necessary to provide exemplary direction in an environment that is fast-paced with high expectations. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, have intellectual curiosity, and have a competitive spirit in order to bring innovation and excellence to this key role.
The Assistant Vice President of Student Recruitment will manage the day-to-day operations of undergraduate recruitment and promotion through the use of data-driven decision making. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Student Affairs, the candidate will be responsible for implementing best practice policies and procedures, foster a culture of promoting access, managing a complex budget, and work in a high-pressured environment. The individual needs to have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
- Provides vision and leadership for an effective undergraduate recruitment and promotion efforts.
- Responsible for identifying and attaining undergraduate incoming class size, mix, and representation of the southern New Jersey area and beyond.
- Manages the undergraduate application and review process for Rowan University.
- Supervises undergraduate admissions and promotion staffs at Rowan University.
- Uses and integrates statistical data and technology into the day-to-day business practices of the Office of Admissions as well as the promotion team.
- Develops admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations in line with division objectives.
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; instituting critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Promotes the university and attracts new students by maintaining working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains continuing flow of quality applicants to the university by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; modifying programs; presenting new sales strategies for the university's recruitment and admission activities.
- Maximizes recruiting and admissions processing by using state-of-the-art computer technology.
- Develops the annual budget for the admissions, recruitment, and promotion functions of the office in collaboration with the Senior Vice President?s office.
- Participates in the awarding of merit and foundation scholarships to incoming undergraduate students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in related field
- Minimum four years of experience in higher education marketing, admissions, or related field.
- Adept at leading by example, marshaling resources, and creating professional atmosphere to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work in diverse settings
- Natural communicator with strong motivational skills and the ability to support operational goals and meet objectives.
- Ability to think independently and have team leadership
- Staff supervision and development experience
- Data management and data analysis experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing/leading teams to success
- Experienced in navigating teams through challenging business environments.
- Masters degree
- Experience in higher education undergraduate admissions.
- Functional knowledge of integrating technology systems into business practice
- Functional knowledge of the Ellucian Banner system.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.