Manager, Mail Services
Posting Number: 20171244S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 405-Campus Mailroom
Manage the daily mail operations and staff including processing of incoming and outgoing mail and parcels and related distribution processes. Schedule staff to assure University needs and performance indicators are met. Lead daily operations and staff to meet or exceed high service levels. Develop and maintain assurances that all mail and parcels are accounted for and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily activities of approximately 5-8 part time staff and various student workers to ensure existing service lines and levels meet institutional requirements. Develop and administer work schedules within budget, direct daily mail routes including delivery and collection of mail and packages. Build assurances bench-marking is met and maintained. Develop and maintain cost effective and efficient delivery methods for an expanding university. Develop assigned personnel within the department. Instruct assigned staff on departmental policies and procedures. Assure drivers are operating within university guidelines and PA driving laws to assure safety of themselves and pedestrians on campus. Recommend actions pertinent to personnel management functions including hiring, performance reviews, drivers license annual checks, and disciplinary activities associated with assigned personnel. Constantly monitor operational levels to ensure scope meets internal clients needs.
- Process outgoing mail in accordance with university financial guidelines including operation of postage meter, front counter customer service, stamp and postage sales, wildcard sales, and cash sales. Define and implement new or improved processes or technologies.
- Monitor and administer various postage accounts including business reply mail, postage due, for accurate monthly customer chargeback.
- Provide customer and client assistance by addressing and resolving customer inquiries, complaints, etc. and by dissemination and explaining departmental practices, report significant events as needed to the director. Maintain working relationships with various campus personnel regarding completion of periodic and routine work assignments.
- Understand and educate customers and staff on procedures and policies of mailing, shipping and addressing.Demonstrated capabilities in integrating technology into existing operations. Proven knowledge of related automated mail systems and technological trends. Ability to immediately address issues and recommend course of action. Ability to administer recommended course of action. Ability to manage multiple priorities- short and long term.
- Develop and run Monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports to include monthly volumes of mail and packages so as to maintain sufficient service levels and staffing. Develop performance reports that provide analysis of data collected including goals to performance variations, and are submitted to the director on a periodic basis. Seek to leverage technology to reduce operational costs.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of postage rates, changes and procedures. Identify and develop short and long term objectives and strategies. Meet with internal clients to determine their requirements by periodically analyzing client needs and submitting related analysis and recommendations of services with input from director. Administer service contracts to assure departmental equipment is operating to manufacturers specifications inclusive of postage rate changes and software updates. Coordinate with University Garage to maintain department vehicles. Facilitate university mandated training and annual performance reviews.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of postal processes and standard package and mail handling procedures inclusive of rates and postage classes. Knowledge and experience in operations management. Proven knowledge of all aspects of mailing practices and function, postal regulations, laws and overnight shipping guidelines. Ability to use PC and MS Office programs such as Outlook, MS word, excel and package tracking software.
- 3-5 years mail operations management preferably in Higher education.
- Strong leadership and team building skills and experience. Ability to seek information to understand issues, expectations, and needs in a university-collegiate mail setting. Familiarity in policies and procedures, financial reporting, budget preparation and trend analysis. Ability to effectively match workload with appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the University. Highly effective interpersonal communication skills that demonstrate effectiveness and professionalism.
- Knowledge of mail processing equipment including postage meter.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Industry related certifications I.E Certified Mail Manager or MailCOM Certified Management Certificate
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to lift 70 lbs, loading gondola carts, pallet jacks, dock plates, hydrolic lift gate.
- Occasional Saturday shifts required.
- Adverse weather, possible hazmat handling within regulation.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 01/27/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10533
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency