Contract Length: 12 months
Job Description Summary:
The College Liaison position works collaboratively to promote and deliver a seamless educational transition process for high school students into Career and College Promise pathways and beyond. The College Liaison is responsible for coordination and implementation of student recruitment, enrollment plans, and strategies designed to increase enrollment and success for students enrolled in dual-enrollment programs at A-B Tech with a focus on Asheville City and Buncombe Counties. This position will serve as a success advocate for Asheville City and Buncombe County dual-enrolled students and serve as the college liaison for various cooperative high school programs. This position actively contributes to the growth, development and activities of the College and department that promote a commitment to access and student success for a diverse student body.
1. Engage students, administration, counselors, CTE coordinators and instructors, faculty, parents and other stakeholders in order encourage and facilitate educational opportunities and college success for high school students enrolled at A-B Tech;
2. Focus on increasing under-represented student populations and enhance college success for high school students enrolled at A-B Tech;
3. Work collaboratively with high school faculty and staff at Asheville City and Buncombe County Schools to identify and advise students regarding Career and College Promise (CCP) opportunities at A-B Tech;
4. Represent the College at events for prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals to promote and market enrollment in CCP programs at A-B Tech;
5. Provide seamless enrollment services for CCP students from initial application to program completion;
6. Conduct CCP student orientations at the beginning of each semester or as appropriate;
7. Serve as the liaison and primary advisor/advocate for high schools as assigned;
8. Utilize the Early Alert system to identify and provide intervention, resources, and strategies for students in need of academic support.
1. Foster quality, collaborative partnerships with both A-B Tech and secondary school faculty and staff;
2. Assist with curriculum planning between high school and college subject areas to reduce redundancy, maximize collaboration, and align high school and college expectations;
3. Represents the college to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals, businesses and organizations involved in the college selection process;
4. Coordinates and contributes to the success of various student visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the College.
Planning and Accountability:
1. Maintain accurate records for enrollment, tracking, and audit reporting purposes;
2. Participate in team meetings and provide weekly updates and monthly progress reports to the Director of Educational Partnerships, documenting progress and outcome data;
3. Participate in Professional Development opportunities including but not limited to NCCCS or NCDPI trainings and conferences;
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in marketing, education, communications, or related field;
2. One year experience working in a student services area in a higher education or high school setting;
3. Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services; and providing tracking and assessment to ensure quality.
1. Two years of community college student service experience;
2. One year community college advising experience;
3. Working knowledge of the secondary education standards in North Carolina;
4. Familiarity with area Public Schools including but not limited to Asheville City and Buncombe County.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.
Applicants are asked to describe their experience (listed below) as related to the minimum requirement in their cover letters:
Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services; and providing tracking and assessment to ensure quality.
Quick Link URL: 4031
Open Date: 01/31/2017
Applications will begin being reviewed on: 02/16/2017