· HighSchool Diploma or equivalent
· Currentand valid certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or aCertified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) by the Joint Commission on Allied HealthPersonnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO)
· Experienceworking with standard and surgical ophthalmic equipment and supplies
· Mustbe able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· Previousexperience as an Ophthalmic Technician
· Bilingualin English and Spanish
Knowledge, Skills,Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Mustbe able to travel to work sites throughout Cook County
· Comprehensiveknowledge of ophthalmic technician skills as outlined by JCAHPO
· Knowledgeof standard and surgical ophthalmic equipment and supplies in support ofproviding surgical assistance
· Knowledgeof procedures and regulations specific to the assessment and care of patients
· Knowledgeof sterile technique and infection control processes
· Excellentverbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with alllevels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and agegroups
Whenapplying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System,preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in theArmed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on theemployment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to thequestion, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice ofSeparation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multipleDD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy ofthe military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an HonorableDischarge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to theapplication at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information onour excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATIONFILING.
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exceptionof those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must becredentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging tothe National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or theAssociation of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Originalcredentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH & HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER