SITE MANAGER PATIENT ACCESS II - FINANCE 00120052
: Jan 27, 2017, 3:05:49 PM : Feb 25, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M. Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
: Health and Hospital Systems
Location:Stroger Hospital, 1969 W Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL 60612
TheSite Manager II of Patient Access is responsible for managing the patientaccess operations and staff for John H. Stroger, Jr. (JHS) Hospital. Responsible for monitoring processes anddirecting supervisors, and other staff in the following patient access areas;decentralized scheduling, decentralized pre-registration, admitting,registration and insurance verification. Responsible for managing the patient access operations and staff forhospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency department. Works closely and collaboratively with the Directorof Revenue Cycle who will manage patient access processes.
This position is exempt from CareerService under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Accountablefor recruiting, interviewing, hiring, performance monitoring, retention,initiating/follow through with disciplinary action and termination of staff inconsultation with Human Resources, John H. Stroger, Jr. (JHS) Hospital's Chief FinancialOfficer (CFO), and the Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Collaborateswith the (JHS) Hospital's CFO and the Director of Revenue Cycle in developingthe overall strategy for the standardization of patient access processes andoperations across all hospital departments. This includes the standardization of patient access reporting andprocesses within all patient access information systems/
- Reviews,recommends, and implements new leading practice initiatives throughout thehospital patient access areas for optimal departmental functioning. Collaborates with the Cook County Health& Hospitals System (CCHHS) Information Systems department to attain optimumperformance in achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Providesdirection to hospital patient access staff and management on the standardizedCCHHS process for pre-arrival, scheduling, admitting, centralized anddecentralized registration, insurance verification, bed control, casemanagement, and vendor management.
- Collaborateswith directors and managers on establishing and maintaining hospital goals andobjectives and evaluates processes that lead to their achievement.
- Createsand maintains a patient access dashboard as a monitoring tool forexecutives.
- Ensuresthat patient access processes and services are continuously monitored forquality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency. Engages in process and quality improvement activities.
- Createsor approves policies, procedures, and budgets.
- Providesinformation and input on the implication of policies and procedures beingformulated and recommends specific action.
- Understands/interpretscompliance regulations, standards and directives regarding governmental /regulatory agencies and/or third-party payers and how these regulations affectpatient access.
- Participatesin departmental and hospital committees, as well as in special projects.
- Promotesquality management by initiating/participating in specific reviews and assistswith quality monitoring.
- Adheresto all CCHHS and facility policies and procedures, including but not limited tocode of ethics, hospital identification requirements and dress code policy.
- Adheresto and supports the mission, vision, values, goals and objectives of CCHHS.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Director of Revenue Finance
- Bachelor'sdegree from accredited college or university is required. (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview).
- Five (5) years of work experience in patient access isrequired.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or management experiencein a hospital or healthcare setting is required.
- Membershipin Healthcare Financial Management Association is preferred. (Must provide proof of membership at time of interview).
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OFAPPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge,Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge ofthe Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Knowledge ofhospital, insurance coding, and documentation practices
- Conflict management skills
- Analytical andproblem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsnecessary to communicate with all levels of staff composed of diverse culturesand age groups
- Strong interpersonal and team skills,
- Strongdecision making skills and ability to use professional judgment
- Strong projectmanagement skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Ability to prepare reports and make presentations
- Understandingof Illinois Federal, State, Local, and Agency healthcare laws, standards andfinancial regulations
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are notattached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDEORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'SLICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and VisionCoverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and DeferredCompensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, andSick Time
- You may also qualifyfor the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the NationalAssociation of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of InternationalCredential Evaluators (AICE). Originalcredentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER