- For clinicians having a terminal doctoral degree the following is required: doctorate in clinical psychology, clinical/community psychology, counseling psychology, or related field is required.
- For clinicians having a terminal master’s level degree the following is required: master’s degree in social work is required.
- Degree completed by start date is required.
- License in Illinois or license eligible background as a psychologist required for candidates with doctorate degree.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Illinois or license eligible background is required for master’s level degreed clinicians and all post degree supervision hours must be completed by start date.
- No other licensure will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience functioning at a high level as a generalist counselor in a diverse setting is required.
- Demonstrated interest, expertise, and experience in clinical and outreach work in an area of special emphasis is preferred
- Previous experience in a college counseling center preferred.
Knowledge Requirements Fluency in a second language, specifically Spanish or Arabic, is a preferred qualification for at least one position.
Starting Date August 1, 2017 or mutually acceptable date.
Appointment Terms 12 months with 24 vacation days; full time regular position.
Salary Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
To ensure full consideration please create your candidate profile through http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, vita, and contact information for three references. For full consideration, please apply by February 24, 2017; applications submitted after that date will be accepted until all positions are filled. We intend to make multiple hires for this search. Interviews may be conducted before the deadline. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit three current letters of recommendation to:
Alejandro Gomez, MSW, LCSW and Tzu-An Hu, PhD Search Committee Co-Chairs Counseling Center, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 610 E. John St., 110 Student Services Building Champaign, IL 61820 (217) 333-3704
This position is a security sensitive position. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity are encouraged to apply. Licensed and mid-career clinicians are strongly encouraged to apply
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).