Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Client Services the Outreach & Engagement Manager is responsible for the program management of the outreach and shelter in-reach team and activities (staff supervision, data management, program budgets, etc.). The O&E Manager is responsible for coordination of O&E client tracking which involves the location of clients, their progress and recommendations for housing. The position is also responsible for the marketing and community relations of the program to referring entities (i.e. libraries, police departments, hospitals, townships, etc.)
- Supervises O&E staff and AmeriCorps member to insure:
- Smooth delivery of services for shelter clients and individuals on the streets.
- Development of appropriate interventions and engagement techniques with clients.
- Proper and timely documentation of service provision and client progress.
- Proper and timely documentation of staff’s division of time.
- Coordinates O&E team schedules to ensure ample coverage of shelter and street.
- Supervises AmeriCorps members and social work (or related) interns.
- Provide weekly group supervision and individual supervision as needed to staff, AmeriCorps members and MSW interns.
- Communicate with universities to establish expectations, supervision and schedule for internship/field placement.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and provides solutions.
- Conducts annual performance reviews; carries out necessary paperwork for AmeriCorps members.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others.
- Encourages open expression of ideas and opinions; delegates and empowers staff; removes obstacles and provides needed resources.
Outreach & Engagement Services
- Serves as backup and support to O&E Specialists in performing client outreach and engagement services to adults in the emergency shelter and in the targeted communities of Oak Park, Berwyn and Cicero.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- If encountered, provide age appropriate interaction with homeless youth encountered and adhere to all agency guidelines and ethics regarding treatment of youth and services.
Intake, Assessment, Services, Case Planning and Management
- Oversees the intake and assessment process at the shelter and streets, reviews intakes for completeness and data quality checks against HMIS.
- Ensures all clients deemed chronically homeless are assigned to an O&E Specialist.
- Assists street outreach team with off-site case management as needed.
- Oversees and coordinates with the Supportive Services Manager as necessary the completion of all required documentation for establishing a client’s disability.
- Works in collaboration with Supportive Services Manager and staff to coordinate clients’ support needs, up to and including service provision for those clients who are not directly connected to the Support Center.
- Ensure street team has the necessary ‘basic-need’ supplies (water, blankets, power bars, etc.) to conduct outreach.
- Coordinate the shadowing of interns, volunteers, professional volunteers (e.g. nursing and medical students) with street outreach team.
Street, Agency, and Community Relations
- Builds collaborative partnerships and establishes referral protocols with community agencies to ensure that eligible clients are referred to appropriate programs, and have access to needed community resources and services.
- Responsible for coordinating new and maintaining existing Service (Networking) Linking Agreements with community organizations.
- Provide training to community organizations regarding the services offered by the Street Outreach Team as necessary.
Program Planning, Development, and Evaluation
- Collaborates with O&E staff to:
- Develop, implement, and manage outreach activities.
- Develop client-level program outcome objectives and measurement strategies, and appropriate documentation protocols.
- Works with staff to identify emerging outreach needs of clients served by the program.
- Assists with development and reporting of government and private grants.
- Participates in program and agency-wide planning and evaluation.
- Prepares and monitors program budgets; follows protocols for managing concrete goods to outreach clients.
- Responsible for safe keeping and proper use of cell phones and other program equipment.
- Responsible for coordination of O&E client tracking which involves the location of clients, their progress and recommendations for housing.
- Coordinate and schedule nursing volunteers from Loyola University Health System.
- Works closely with Shelter Manager (and Supportive Services Manager) to address client behavioral issues in the shelter.
- Works with the O&E team and the Director of Operations & Client services in the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the O&E program.
- Works as part of the team to provide support and assistance whenever needed.
- Prepares and submits all required program and statistical reports.
- Follows agency policies and procedures for the obtainment of information and the provision of services to clients.
- Participates in and contributes to regularly management meetings, staff trainings, client activities, community meetings, and other agency events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.