This is a full-time, temporary position with an assignment end date of July 31, 2019.
Candidates must have completed their PhD or other terminal degree no more than three years before the starting date (August 2017). Candidates who have not yet had a tenure-track faculty position will have priority. Awards include a competitive salary, benefits package, and travel funds for conference participation.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits. This is an 11-month position paid over 12 months.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: For full consideration, materials must be received by February 9, 2017, 5:00PM PST.
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, covered veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Please complete the following steps:
- Go to www.sandiego.edu/jobs/, look for job, IRC# and complete the application form, to register as an applicant through USD. You are not required to complete the qualification section online or upload documents instead,
- Create a single PDF document that includes the materials listed below and submit it directly to, firstname.lastname@example.org
- cover letter,
- curriculum vitae,
- statement about commitment and experience teaching and mentoring students from communities that have historically been underrepresented,
- statement of teaching philosophy,
- statement of research/creative activity plans and goals with thoughtful integration into the mission and vision of the university,
- sample of scholarly or creative work,
- sample syllabus for lower division course (and upper division course, if available), and
- names of three recommenders who will be providing letters of support
- Have your recommenders send letter of support directly to email@example.com, please have them include your name in the title of the email.
If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.