Chief of Athletic Medicine and Head Team Physician reporting to the Chief of Student Health and Athletic Medicine at Yale Health.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Provides medical care as Head Team Physician for 850+ varsity athletes at Yale University.
- Programmatic and regulatory leadership of the Athletic Medicine program.
- Diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent injuries that occur during varsity events.
- Works closely with the Deans and Heads of College, Orthopedics and Athletics. Interpersonal skills, collegiality and ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team are critical characteristics for success in this position.
- Works closely with athletic trainers.
For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/2jtXEKQ. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, generous paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of outstanding retirement benefits, tuition assistance for college-age children, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale Health is a staff-model HMO on the campus of Yale University that serves students, faculty, staff and dependents. Our 40,000 members have access to exceptional primary care, specialty care, pharmacy, lab and imaging on site in our state-of-the-art building. We are a Joint Commission-recognized patient centered medical home with values that emphasize primary care, patient centeredness and population health and wellness.
The greater New Haven area offers the stimulation of the university community, with a small-town feel, wonderful arts and restaurants and proximity to New York and Boston.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.