The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) invites applications for the position of Director of Student Diversity and Inclusion to lead the Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion. The Director of Student Diversity and Inclusion is a newly created position designed to provide dedicated leadership in the Division of Student Affairs focused on diversity, equity, access, and inclusion within the College. The Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion at The College of New Jersey is a newly formed department within the Engagement portfolio of the Division of Student Affairs that will foster an inclusive campus community, student engagement, student development, and seamless student learning experiences by overseeing existing diversity and inclusion efforts and launching new initiatives to reach these goals.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director of Student Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for leading, visioning, developing, implementing, coordinating, budgeting, and assessing all areas within the new Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion. The Director works collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and external partners to create an inclusive and engaged campus community that integrates student learning, growth, and development. The Director builds new and enhances existing partnerships with Academic Affairs to deepen seamless learning opportunities for students and works closely with the College’s Chief Diversity Officer within the Office of Human Resources.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in leading the strategic vision for diversity and inclusion at the College in Student Affairs
- Create and promote opportunities for dialogue toward an understanding of diversity and inclusion across the College
- Serve as a voice and advocate for under-represented and marginalized students
- Enhance intercultural understanding and competence through the development of policies, procedures and training opportunities for students that are guided by the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion, access, and transparency
- Oversee the new campus-wide Sustained Dialogue program
- Design and implement a campus-wide curriculum for diversity and inclusion that spans all four years of a student’s experience to positively impact diversity and inclusion at the College
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in assessing campus climate and developing strategies/trainings to improve it
- Generate regular reports, statistics and assessment data related to diversity matters and initiatives on campus, presenting this information regularly to the campus community as appropriate and making data-informed decisions
- Partner with faculty, staff, students, and student organizations as appropriate to offer co-curricular programming to support understanding diversity and inclusion within the College’s mission and strategic priorities
- Support recognized student organizations in collaboration with the Office of Student Involvement by serving as a secondary advisor to specific student groups
- Oversee an annual budget based on data that supports the College’s guidelines and strategic goals, monitor budget expenditures, and identify ways to generate new revenue
- Other duties as assigned