Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho. Essentia Health was originally formed in January 2004, through a partnership of the Benedictine Health System and SMDC Health System. In January 2008, Innovis Health joined Essentia Health and all of the hospitals and clinics owned by the Benedictine Health System were transferred to Essentia Community Hospitals and Clinics. Essentia Health began fully integrating operations in the summer of 2010, bringing together the resources of its member organizations - SMDC Health System, Innovis Health, Brainerd Lakes Health, Essentia Community Hospitals and Clinics, and the Essentia Institute of Rural Health.
Essentia Health is guided by the Catholic values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals (including two tertiary care hospitals, one in Duluth and one in Fargo), 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute. Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and is one of only three accountable care organizations in the country to achieve Level 3 accreditation, NCQA's highest designation. The organization also has a Medicare Shared Savings Plan (MSSP) Track 3 with 30,000 covered lives.
Working closely with the Office of the President & CEO, the Senior Vice President will report to the Executive Vice President, Operations and Administration of Essentia Health, in a newly conceptualized position with responsibilities for providing leadership in the development of strategic initiatives designed to 1) advance the mission and vision of Essentia Health; 2) expand the organization's capabilities and its ability to provide value across all of its markets to its member organizations and their respective customers; 3) increase revenues and market share. Reporting to this position will be the following functions: planning, communications, marketing, decision support, and technology assessment/service line planning.
This position will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, coordinating, directing, and communicating key initiatives to leverage Essentia Health's clinical and market capabilities, size and resources and for facilitating learning across the organization. Within the context of a matrixed leadership structure, the Senior Vice President, Strategy and System Development will work closely with leaders throughout the organization to assess, develop and communicate strategic initiatives designed to take advantage of the resources, continuum of care, market presence, and commitment to population health of the Essentia Health.
- Design, implement and oversee a systemic and integrated approach to strategy development, planning, marketing and communication, growth and service line development. In this regard, provide leadership and consultation to the organization's effort to 1) evaluate its diverse markets including identifying the needs and wants of key customers; and 2) play a leadership role in identifying and promoting the programs, services, attitude, and culture essential to enable Essentia Health to respond to these identified needs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Essentia Health in identifying, assessing and developing strategic alliances and partnerships which 1) enhance patient care and quality while increasing customer awareness and loyalty; 2) advance the organization's abilities to develop and implement programmatic initiatives; and 3) extend technology and grow revenues.
- Provide leadership in conceptualizing and implementing a comprehensive evaluation of Essentia Health's existing capabilities in marketing, communications, planning, communications, decision support, and technology assessment/service line planning, using the information gleaned from this competitive assessment to conceptualize, implement, and/or expand related functions, as appropriate. Ensure integration of the mission of Essentia in telling the story of the organization's history and its vision for the future.
- Provide technical resources and internal consulting services to strengthen Essentia Health's market position; promote the organization's continued growth through the development of new services, products, and business lines.
- Monitor the results of enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and reports critical measures of success. Make recommendations to leadership for corrective action, as necessary, to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership in developing and executing integrated communication plans designed to promote strategic priorities across the enterprise.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master's degree in business administration, health administration, public administration, or related fields. A minimum of ten years of progressive, senior executive experience in a complex health related organization or a consulting firm; demonstrated knowledge of trends in healthcare delivery will be essential; experience in assessing the needs and opportunities associated with diverse marketplaces will be strongly preferred.
All nominations, applications and inquiries should be directed electronically to: SVPEssentia@divsearch.com
Mahalia Gauld, Vice President and Senior Associate, 215-656-3583, Mahalia.email@example.com
Essentia Health has retained the services of Diversified Search as consultants to the Board and Search Committee. Essentia Health System provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable equal opportunity/affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies or agencies.