Market Title: Research Technician Associate
Salary Range: TBD depending on qualifications and applied competencies
Hours/Week: 40 Hours/Week
Shift/Hours/Days: M-F, but may include some weekends; will require up to 4 evenings (until 7-8pm) per week (not to exceed 40 hours/week)
- Conducts research protocols with infants and preschool-aged children and mothers regarding childhood eating behavior “in the field,” in families’ homes and/or often at Head Start (a low-income preschool setting).
- Support subject recruitment; interact with parents to administer questionnaires; discuss the protocol with parents and answer questions; interact with young children; perform data entry using Excel and Access; and potentially oversee undergraduate student assistants.
- Conduct videotaped research protocols with infants (2 weeks -12 months of age) and mothers regarding infant feeding behavior and practices in families’ homes.
- Collect pre- and post-intervention questionnaire and anthropometric measures as part of a large, randomized controlled trial.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of lab supplies and equipment.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, public health or related field, and 1-3 years of related experience is required. This position requires great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and build rapport with study participants.
Experience working directly with low-income mothers and young children in preschool settings as well as home environments. Experience working with infants. Experience with data management using Excel and Access. Experience managing undergraduate students in a research setting. Experience with childhood eating behavior and obesity.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.