Cleans all areas of the hospital according to the policy and procedures. Assist the EVS Supervisor in the day to day operations. Participate in performance improvement activities.
***SSM Health will implement a new minimum wage of $11 per hour throughout its four-state system which will take effect in January 2017. This job is one impacted by this increase. Learn morehere ***QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Ensure that quality standards are met, by inspecting completed work and surveying hand hygiene compliance.
- Assist supervisor with the delegation of housekeeping assignments. Assist with training of new employees. Submit appropriate documentation at the end of the shift.
- Dispose of blood and body fluid waste. Process personal items left in room by taking appropriate action.
- Assist in monitoring linen usage and reviews statistics with the EVS Supervisor. Ensure that patient care units are adequately stocked linen.
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following established guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize and maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner. (Including housekeeping cart).
- Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and supplies according to established procedures.
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas.
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp containers, and clean linen.
- Respond to STAT situations and pager calls immediately.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.