| Housing and Dining Services is now seeking an Associate Director of Catering Operations! The Associate Director of Catering Operations is responsible for the overall success of Campus Dining Services Catering. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest level of satisfaction for guests, students, faculty, staff, and other campus community stakeholders. This position is responsible for strategic planning, financial accountability, conceptual ideation of programs and initiatives, compliance with safety and sanitation regulations, operational efficiency, culinary excellence, sustainability and local food sourcing with partners in procurement, and staff development. The Associate Director oversees the daily operations of the Catering operations in two on-site locations and any off-site operations at events such as weddings, conferences and key executive and University development programs. This position must establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers by working with other campus departments and student groups to assist with on-going departmental vision efforts resulting in stronger ties to the wider campus community. |
Who we are:
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets.
What your responsibilities will be:
Planning, Communication and Collaboration:
• Leads and assists the team in the development of projects and strategies. Utilizes best industry practices to enhance current catering operations and programs for students and clients to increase perception of value, flexibility, responsiveness, convenience and accessibility of products and services such as extended hours of service, and improved and expanded menu options.
• Meets with members of the Residence Hall Association and other student groups, conference clients, and representatives from other departments contracting for services provided by catering operations to ensure that requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
• Confer with and interpret catering programs and services to students, faculty, staff and the public.
• Assist the Director of Campus Dining in evaluating the effectiveness of catering activities, provides assistance and support in the implementation of organizational changes, policy and procedure revisions and new equipment applications to meet the constantly changing needs of the diverse population served.
• Attend seminars and conferences as determined in consultation with the Director to meet the needs of the department.
• Prepare budget projections for Campus Dining catering operations for review and approval of the Director.
• Coordinate and direct proper cash handling, financial, and accounting practices and procedures.
• Review and monitor operational budgets for Campus Dining Catering services and provide counsel and advice to management staff.
• Utilize financial data and statistics to make informed decisions and provide information to the Director in the preparation of special and periodic reports for University administration.
• Advise the Director in planning, directing, and administering programs, policies and procedures in the areas of sustainability, inclusive excellence, student programming and engagement, academic partnerships, and community engagement.
• Implement programs as approved by Director.
• Presents and gains buy in on unit direction and decisions made with management team and campus partners.
• Hires full time staff and recommends staffing modifications, on boards, trains, directs, assigns work, approves work and evaluates employees.
• Supports managers and responds to HR issues and directs them to the Dining Director, HR manager or OIEC as appropriate.
• Prepares and conducts performance evaluations for managers at least once per year.
• Supervises staff members.
• Uses annual performance appraisals to help staff set career goals for the coming year and evaluate success in achieving goals set during the previous performance appraisal.
• Updates job descriptions annually during performance appraisal period.
• Oversees the Onboarding session provided to all new student employees and Fall Training.
• Direct the operations of multiple catering units through supporting supervisory staff.
• Maintain the highest standards of food quality and service to guests and customers of the Department.
• Maintain the highest possible customer service and employee satisfaction levels.
• Maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with guests, customers and the University.
• Be available to inspect and over-see on-site operations at events such as weddings and conferences, as well as key executive and University Development events.
• Administer health and safety standards in compliance with University, State and Federal codes and regulations.
• Administer alcohol policy and standards in compliance with University, State and Federal codes and regulations.
• Collaborate closely with the Events Planning department to establish best practices, deliver events that meet and exceed expectations, and increase market share.
• Participate in the analysis of current and future needs of Campus Dining Services.
• Serve as a member of the Campus Dining Services leadership team with responsibility for the planning and directing the administrative, operational and developmental activities of Catering Services.
• Plan, develop and administer operational and developmental activities of multiple catering operations.
• In collaboration with the Executive Chef, Events Planning and Catering Managers, develop and administer the operational policies and procedures, food production standards and methods, and menu guidelines for the catering operations.
• Advise the Director in planning and implementation of objectives and short and long term goals. Ensures programming that is consistent with the comprehensive strategic plan, goals and objectives of the University, Student Life and Campus Dining Services.
• Provide assistance and support in development, operational improvements, renovations, and new construction to respond to the needs and expectations of faculty, staff, and students that participate in catered events.
What we can offer:
Salary range 67K-84K.
What you should know:
Must have availability to work nights and weekends.
Be Diverse. Be Flexible. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.