The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of brand architecture, brand identity and brand positioning as it informs creative work in a complex, multi-layered organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage the full spectrum of marketing communication channels, including experience with print publications, advertising, direct mail, e-mail, web-based communications, video and social media
- Demonstrated talent for high caliber creative conception and writing
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Five to seven years progressively responsible experience in leadership positions
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgement
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage both independent and team work projects: determine priorities, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that deals with high-pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with senior executive-level personnel
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and innovative thinking
- Experience in or familiarity with higher education a plus
- Familiarity with usability and Web accessibility standards (Section 508)
- Proven success participating in cross-functional teams and strategic planning
SF State offers a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
For the full job description and to apply, visit http://bit.ly/sfsujobs
Please note that cover letters and resumes must be uploaded together in a single document. The Job ID is 6324.