Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences. We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
Provides vision and strategic direction for client and academic support services for students, faculty, and staff college-wide. Responsibilities includes management of computer labs and common technology spaces, service desk, desktop support, equipment repair, software licensing and software development. Ensures coordinated support for Enterprise Technology efforts and initiatives.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience, and three years’ experience managing client support services.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with ITIL or similar standards, certification preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below.
- Ability to manage, motivate and evaluate professional IT staff.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Ability to conduct user presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in a high stress environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement effective plans for service delivery.
- Ability to lead complex problems to resolution.
- Ability to manage personnel who troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex integration problems, related to Colleague.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation skills.