- Master’s Degree in Mathematics (MA, MS, or MAT) or higher.
- A willingness to teach developmental mathematics courses (Prealgebra, Algebra I, and Algebra II-level courses).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in curriculum and course development
- A willingness to teach online, hybrid, and self-paced/emporium model courses
- Fluency with learning management systems and other instructional technology (e.g., Canvas, Moodle, Black Board, MyLabs and Mastering, ALEKS, WebAssign)
- Experience with Texas Instruments graphing calculators (TI-83/84 and Voyage 200)
- At least three years full or part-time teaching experience
- Experience teaching a variety of mathematics courses, preferably in a community college setting
- Experience leading and participating in curricular and program development
- Experience working with at-risk populations
- Experience developing and teaching developing developmental courses, including self-paced/emporium model courses
- Experience teaching statistics
- Evidence of the use of a variety of effective pedagogical strategies to promote student success.
- Experience with grant-writing
- Experience with K-12 education and familiarity with K-12 Mathematics frameworks and testing.
- An interest in working to develop and manage partnerships with area school districts.
- A willingness to be involved in activities with the student body and interest in providing opportunities for students to extend learning outside of the classroom.
Worksite: Assignments may be made at any Massasoit site, which includes Brockton, Canton and Middleborough.
Supervisor: Reports Directly to Division Dean, Science and Mathematics
Term of Appointment: Full-time, tenure track position. Terms governed by MCCC/MTA
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2017
Salary: $44,874.00 - $61,470.00 early commensurate with education and experience in conjunction with MCCC classification, Full Time State Funded with Benefits
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2017
Please apply online with a cover letter and resume.
Please Note: Applicants MUST apply online. Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100 x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 229, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the College’s Affirmative Action Officer, Donna R. Boissel, Human Resources, 508-588-9100, x1505, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 233, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Women, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.