Indiana State University
Office of Information Technology
Indiana State University is seeking a Database Administrator that will share the responsibilities for the design, installation, configuration, updating, patching and support of all Enterprise Oracle databases and Ellucian Banner Weblogic and Tomcat application servers. The position will perform database and application server performance analysis and monitoring to ensure optimal performance during day-to-day processing as well as high demand events such as student registration. This person will work with the DBA team, our developers and infrastructure teams to ensure that proper security and networking requirements are met to support administrative systems. The position will also be responsible for providing data access permissions and security oversight on a regular basis to insure the protection and integrity of our systems and our data.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field. Experience: 1-2 Years.
- Demonstration of high ethical standards, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and courteousness is required.
- Experience with Oracle Database and/or Web-logic Products or Experience with MS SQL Server products is required.
- Experience with Higher Education ERP systems like Banner, Integrated Development Environments and Source Control Software is preferred.
- Experience managing Web Services (Web-Logic or Tomcat), using programming languages such as Java, C, COBOL, PL/SQL and experience with firewall configurations is desired.
Must be comfortable networking with groups or individuals, be proficient with Microsoft Office and other computer applications and have proven verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing to work extended hours during events and peak seasons, when required and work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.indstate.edu/postings/15175
Indiana State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or citizenship status.