Start Date: Effective until August 31, 2017
Hourly Rate: $18
The objective of this position is to assist with the coordination and administration of the Turnaround Arts program, specifically the implementation component. This includes coordinating calendars, travel, and reimbursements; scheduling calls and meetings; drafting contracts; creating memos, newsletters, and website content; maintaining informational systems; and providing organizational and logistical support for regular events and convening’s.
60% Implementation Team Technical Support
- Coordinates implementation team calendar, travel and reimbursements, including development and meticulous maintenance of tracking systems.
- Manages the scheduling of all calls and meetings for implementation team members, including large monthly calls with external stakeholders.
- Participates in regular check-ins with implementation team members to provide status updates on project and task progress.
- Reviews and tracks monthly deliverables from local programs (including monthly/quarterly reports) and oversees communication regarding missing items.
- Gathers content and updates implementation website at least monthly.
- Creates and sends, with support from implementation team members, a monthly implementation website email blast to local programs, principals, and schools.
- Creates and manages correspondence and logistics with related parties, including contractors and educational partners.
- Conceptualizes and executes select design projects, including digital and printed materials.
- Maintains filing systems and assists with financial records and reporting, requisitions, billing, and payments related to the implementation team.
- Serves as a liaison with other Kennedy Center departments regarding program needs.
15% Early Childhood Program Support
- Compiles, edits, and send monthly early childhood memos and newsletters to constituents across the country.
- Gathers, edits, and prepares copy related to best practices in early childhood education for publication on implementation website.
25% Special Events, Gatherings and Other Special Projects
- Provides logistical support for projects and events, including Summer Leadership Retreat, New Local Program Training, Mid-Year Local Program Gathering, and more. Responsible for assisting with events onsite, as well as office record keeping. Writes and processes contracts for presenters. Arranges travel, accommodations, catering, equipment and other needs for related meetings. Creates and updates printed and electronic materials related to event functions.