Department: Sections and Divisions/Chapters
Reports to: Director of Sections, Divisions, and Administration
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting and providing administrative support to the voluntary leadership of the FBA’s twenty-four (24) substantive law sections, six (6) divisions, and 95+ chapters. The program assistant is responsible for assisting the Sections and Divisions Coordinator and the Chapters Coordinator with webpage updates, scheduling business meetings, communications, correspondence, and preparation for all events including Moot Court, Capitol Hill Day, and Leadership Training.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation for section and division-specific business meetings and events, including scheduling monthly conference calls, and providing general administrative support.
- Provide superior customer support to members and volunteers on a daily basis
- Answer inquiries about section, division, and chapter events and programs
- Assist the Sections and Divisions Coordinator and the Chapters Coordinator with maintaining accurate rosters of leadership on the website
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Sections, Divisions, Administration, and the Director of Membership and Chapters to plan and execute the programming for Leadership Training
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Sections, Divisions, Administration, and the Sections and Divisions Coordinator to plan and execute the Moot Court Competition
- Assist with the preparation and organization of appropriate collateral and supplies, as assigned
- Prepare and send monthly section and division membership reports
- Prepare and send monthly section and division financial reports as prepared by the accounting department
- Submit section and division information to the Communications Department for inclusion in the weekly E-newsletter
- Maintain updated section, division, and chapter webpages and Leadership Resources Portal
- Coordinate communication between the National office and section, division, chapter members, as needed
- Draft and handle correspondence
- Organize and maintain files
- Assist with daily administrative duties assigned to the receptionist in his or her absence, such as collecting and posting mail and processing shipments.
- Other duties as assigned
The qualifications and skills needed for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one (1) year of association or similar work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Good interpersonal skills, team player but ability to work independently
This position is responsible for the operation of the following equipment.
- Windows-based PC workstation
- Fax machine
- NetForum web-based AMS database software
- Digital Camera
- Various other office equipment
The Program Assistant’s work environment is good. A workspace is provided with desk, telephone, and computer, and access to printing and copier facilities.
The Program Assistant reports to and receives direction from the Director of Sections, Divisions, Administration and may receive direction from the Director of Membership and Chapters. The Program Assistant works closely with the Sections/Division Coordinator and Chapter Coordinator.
Contact with Others
The Program Assistant has contact with a variety of individuals on a daily basis. These contacts include FBA staff, leadership of sections and divisions, FBA members, court personnel, members of the judiciary, general public, and vendors. The Program Assistant must be courteous and tactful when dealing with these individuals.